Learn how to integrate principles of business, statistics and engineering to achieve tangible results. Master the use of Six Sigma to quantify the critical quality issues facing healthcare. Once the issues have been quantified, statistics can be applied to provide probabilities of success and failure. Six Sigma methods increase productivity and enhance quality. As a Six Sigma green belt, you will be equipped to support and champion Six Sigma implementation in your healthcare organization. To earn the Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate, you will be required to pass IISE's green belt exam.
During this course you will have the opportunity to apply what you have learned to an actual issue you face in your organization. Prior seminar participants have reported significant savings from implementing their projects.
- A financial services organization saw $128,000 in cost savings per quarter when they reduced transaction processing rework.
- A drug store chain save $173 million by managing its inventory of prescription medications more effectively.
- A regional hospital saved $300,000 annually by eliminating duplication of services.
- A state agency reduced project cost over-runs by 28 percent.
- A large urban hospital reduced length of stay and was able to postpone a proposed expansion thereby deferring over $7 million in capital expenditures.
[I want] to say how much of a pleasure it was to have you for an instructor. Throughout the course, it was very apparent that you were incredibly experienced with all of the principles the course was designed to teach. I have rarely been instructed by someone who thoroughly knows the subject matter, enjoys the material and can appropriately teach it. The additional information you provided regarding job searching was something no one else had ever mentioned to me, and it was also very useful. Thank you for passing on a little of your hard-earned experience to the next generation.
- Joseph Cassata, Youngstown State University
What You Will Learn:
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Design and develop Six Sigma projects
- Determine process capability
- Employ the DMAIC process
- Perform basic statistical analysis on process measurements
- Prepare root cause analysis
- Support and champion Six Sigma implementation in your organization
- Explain the Six Sigma philosophy
- Six Sigma Philosophy
- Six Sigma Projects
- Statistical Process Control
- Process Capability
- Sigma Levels
- Root Cause Analysis
- Break Even
- Flow Charts
- Pareto Analysis
- Check Sheets
- Ishikawa Diagrams
- Scatter Diagrams
- Six Sigma and Organizational Goals Including:
- Value Of Six Sigma
- Organizational Factors Influencing Six Sigma
- Process Analysis - SIPOC
- Case Studies
I honestly feel privileged to have worked with IISE. The professionalism that has been expressed towards me has almost been a sigh of relief when compared to how one is often treated as a student (especially as a student who is a couple years older than the general student body). Also I wanted to add that having the opportunity to be a student taught by Mr. [Doug] Long has been a privilege in itself. Lastly, I have found the speed in which everyone at IISE responds to emails and puts thoughts into action somewhat frightening; I am still not sure how you all do it. Thanks a million again; working with IISE has been a great experience!
- Ted Mullan, Youngstown State University
I spoke with a number of the participants, and they were extremely pleased with the way you taught the class and explained the statistical portion. You did an excellent job and we certainly will talk about some future activities.
- George Chelovich, CNA Insurance
The instructor is very knowledgeable and explains things in a structured manner. He has good communication skills that go along with his understanding of the subject matter. He also give real-life experiences to help us understand better.
- Aniket Gur, University of Michigan
The instructor was very accommodating and the way he taught [the material] was kind of amazing.
- Suyash Reddy Yellasiri, University of Michigan
Thought you'd like to know that I'm using the course materials right now creating some control charts on data I got yesterday evening. Thanks to the course, I feel much more confident in constructing and explaining these charts!
- Chase Coffey, M.D., LAC+USC Medical Center
Individuals who complete all of the course requirements will receive the Lean (or Six Sigma or Lean Six Sigma) Green (or Black) Belt. This certification is valid for three years and must be renewed by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Effective April 1, 2016, there will be a $15 fee to cover administrative costs associated with the renewal. Lost certificates may be replaced using the same process.
IISE reserves the right to cancel a class up to 15 business days prior to the scheduled start date